What does it mean to “awaken”? How do I know if I am “awake”?
One of my guides, a female Pleiadian by the name of Siriassimassifran (Siri for short), described awakening to me this way in May of 2020:
Awakening is the realization in your heart that you are a multi-dimensional being of light, full of love, made from love, of love, and one with all. Awakening means not just understanding this as a concept but knowing it in your beingness and in your heart that this is the truth. You are a Soul, with no beginning and no end, multidimensional nature; multiple points of light experiencing itself in many different ways and forms so that your Soul may collect these experiences and bring them back to the oneness. The Soul’s evolving toward love, true love embodiment. It is a peace beyond the known. It is a peace beyond understanding. This is where we pick off the fruit from the tree of life, partake of its juices, its nourishment, its power and strength, its sweetness, its life force that nourishes all of us. Everything from the true source of the sweetness of this nectar, the absolute boundless love permeates all of existence making us sure that who we are and what we are is a direct manifestation of the All That Is, the true source of love, compassion, [and] faith. This is where we’d like to take you. You will go here in your three-dimensional form. It will blow you open, expand your horizons, infinite limitless horizons, infinity forever. Let us take a moment to feel into that now.
Siri continued to illustrate the feeling of being in an awakened state with this guided meditation:
Take your focus out of your mind and into your heart space. Feel the gentle pressure of blood pumping through your veins, your heart muscles contracting [and] pushing that energy through your body. Now match your pulse and your heartbeat with the pulse of the Universe. Connect with the pulse of the Universe with your heart. Notice how time comes to a standstill as you sink into this moment. The infinite beat, the infinite breath. Bask in this and come back here often. This is but a taste of the radiance that you are. This frequency that you emit. The frequency of oneness that you are. This breath of life that permeates all things. To experience that unconditional belongingness. Nothing is outside of yourself. Meet this energy with grace, with open arms, and unconditional acceptance. Gently lay your body down and float down this river with us. Let the water carry you. Let its gentle waves massage your body as it carries you gently with the current down a river. Your eyes are closed. Your breathing is steady. You have let go of any need to understand where you’re going, because all is perfect, and this is your plan. This is your river. You can’t go anywhere you don’t already want to go. Let’s just float down this river for infinity. And you realize there is no place the river’s taking you. It’s just [about] being in the river and on the river. That’s the whole purpose. This is the journey. You are taking it now. Peace be with you. Peace be with you. Peace be with you.
I define awakening to include these elements of understanding:
- Everything is made of an energetic vibration or frequency.
- Energetic frequencies create resonance with other frequencies around it.
- Energy is light, sound and information. The higher the energetic frequency, the more light and information it contains.
- We humans are energetic beings, temporarily occupying a body here on Earth for specific learnings, experiences and evolution.
- Our soul, which has occupied many bodies across many lifetimes, is everlasting and made from an infinite source of love. This is the same source that all of life comes from: we are all connected, we are all one at our core.
- As energetic beings, we are multi-dimensional in nature, meaning we can have many lives happening simultaneously across different planes of existence.
- Our soul’s main goal is to evolve to higher and higher levels of consciousness and love.
- When we incarnate here on Earth, we experience forgetfulness. We forget that we are multi-dimensional in nature, that we are a limitless soul, that we are all one. We experience duality, separateness from others.
- This forgetfulness provides our soul with a unique opportunity for growth. We get to see how we interact with the world around us, with ourselves, when we are unaware of the connectedness of all things.
- This Earthly experience also allows us an opportunity to remember who we really are. This journey of rediscovery is a challenge that we happily take on before we incarnate here.
- As limitless souls on a journey of learning and discovery, we choose what kinds of experiences and learnings we’d like to tackle in any particular lifetime.
- Before we are born into a body, we choose what we’d like to accomplish and experience. We choose our family, our situations, our locations, major life attributes, etc. in order to help us with these experiences and lessons. Many of us come with specific missions.
- In this sense, this human experience could be referred to as an illusion. An illusion of separation. An illusion of death. An illusion that this is all there is. The illusion that humans are the only sentient beings in existence. Imagine that you are the lead actor in your own play.
- We are powerful beings of light, of love, and we choose our reality and our experiences in every moment. We are in choice with everything we experience, on some level.
- Earth’s humanity is but one of multitudes of sentient races and species in existence. We are a young species and have much to learn from advanced races not of Earth.
- Everyone on this planet is doing their best to maneuver a life full of challenges, gifts, learnings, and experiences. Some have chosen very intense paths that may appear negative to others. You must not be in judgment of others and the paths they have chosen for this lifetime.
- The truth of who we are lies in our hearts, with the love we carry for ourselves and others. Our natural state is peace, joy and happiness.
- Because of vibrational resonance, your state of being, your vibration rate, your mood, your thoughts, impact everything around you. This is why emanating love and light (or fear and anger) can be infectious to others.
Why Can Awakening Be So Hard?
Oh boy, let me count the ways!
Although our science and quantum physics can explain and validate much of the energetic resonance ideas presented here, it’s much harder to explain what happens to a person emotionally, mentally, and physically as they go through the process of awakening.
While most of this process has been absolutely exciting and filled with overflowing feelings of joy and love, parts have been downright painful. For me, these elements caused the most turmoil over these past two years of my awakening journey.
- Most people in my life can’t relate to what I’m experiencing. It can be lonely and isolating.
- People closest to me didn’t want to see me change; mostly because this caused changes to their own lives, and generally speaking, people don’t like change.
- Statements from friends and family about my personal process that felt dismissive at the time.
- Gaining clarity about the level of depth with long-standing friendships with others.
- Getting to know my heart. This hasn’t been easy for me. Coming to realize that I was out of touch with my heart was something I had to come to terms with. I came to realize I was too much in my head, over-thinking, over-analyzing.
- Re-creating or re-forming personal relationships based on a changing viewpoint of myself and what is important to me.
- Basically going through the process of questioning everything—my identity, who I am in the world, what I’m doing here. Feeling like I’m starting over.
- Coming to the realization that things I thought were important, particularly material things, really aren’t so much.
- Untangling my ego-self and deconstructing how the ego wants me to experience the world and how the ego wants me to see myself.
- Letting go of my fears that have been roadblocks to my happiness and freedom: the need for conformity, safety, predictability. The need to be “right” with every choice I make. The need to control my environment and things outside myself that I can’t control.
- Letting go of my judgments of others; of my expectations for others. I’m still working on this.
- Stopping the judgment of myself, loving myself unconditionally.
- Not allowing past actions or beliefs define who I am today.
- Not allowing what others think about me to dictate what I do or say. Living my authentic truth.
- Coming to terms with the fact that my life will be forever changed by these experiences. My old life is over. My new life is beginning.
- Surrendering in faith, trust and love to my higher self, to my heart and to my amazing etheric guides. Going with the flow.
- Living in the moment. So important and I have a long way to go.
Now that I am past most of this, and feeling as though I’ve crossed over an important threshold in my understanding and my knowing, I can honestly say that life is amazing. I am so honored, so blessed, so thrilled to be having this extraordinary experience. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. And in some ways, I’m just getting started.
I encourage you to be gentle on yourself, and patient with yourself, if you are experiencing similar challenges. This journey leads us to the ultimate freedom and true, everlasting happiness that comes from deep within. I wish you all the best on your journeys!
Shawna L. Frances